It's a good question, and in order to answer that question, one must educate themselves, and seek knowledge on the subject.
The Journal of the American Medical Association (2002) states that 'Doctors recommend that every adult regardless of age or health status needs a daily multivitamin to fill the nutritional gaps in his or her diet. Simply put, we're not getting the minerals or vitamins we need from the foods we eat, nor are they as prevalent in the soil from which our foods are grown.
Additionally, In September of 2009, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reported that only 14% of adults and only 9.5% of adolescents eat the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables every day. That creates a huge nutritional gap!
If you are especially fond of processed foods (which I personally don't recommend) then your diet is seriously lacking in daily requirements of minerals and vitamins. Your body doesn't make the needed minerals for it to function properly and efficiently- the only place to get that is from a supplement.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do you have all of the energy you need to enjoy life to it's fullest?
- Are you frequently tired?
- Are your sleeping patterns less than optimal?
- Are you listening to your body give you signs that you are giving it what it needs to run efficiently?
- Are you thinking ahead and concerned about protecting your future health and well- being?
- Are you under stress from today's fast pace?
- Do you desire to protect yourself from the environmental pollution surrounding us?
- Are you concerned about the possible genetic trends revealing themselves in your family's ongoing health history?
Did you answer “yes” to any of the above?
If so, your answer could be- 'Yes, I need a supplement!'
Did you know...
- That scientific evidence links nutrition to disease prevention?
- That likely 80% of all cancer comes from environmental pollution?
- (the air we breath, the water we drink, and the chemically tainted foods we eat, the toxic cleaning products we use...)
- That the average American consumes 6 pounds of artificial chemicals a year?
- That the housewife is the person most at risk from these dangers?
- That only about 15% of all Americans are in vital good health
- Most vitamins and minerals provide more than one benefit to the body. Some maintain critical functions such as regulating your heart, while others maintain a strong immune system and help the body rejuvenate itself.
- Your body has an incredible capacity to prioritize these benefits and allocate them.
- In your body, vitamins and minerals are utilized first to maintain your critical life functions, and then- and only if there is enough- it will use them for rejuvenation, repair, and other more long-term benefits. As a result, you may not feel a lot of difference if you skip a day or two, but over time, the deficiencies can add up. Many illnesses and diseases, such as osteoporosis, have a direct link to vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
So you're probably asking "Why can’t I get what I need from the foods I eat?" Good question! Let's dig a little deeper-
- The foods you eat are stripped of nutrients through refining and processing.
- The foods you eat are laden with unhealthy fats (vs. healthy fats), sugars, high fructose corn syrup, corn sugars and salts, and are seriously devoid of other essential nutrients.
- A USDA government survey of 21,500 people found that not one single person consumed 100% of the U.S. RDA, from the foods they ate.
- Due to the time it takes fresh foods to get from the farm to your table, 57% or more of the nutritional value can be lost.
- The foods you eat can be harmful from the use of pesticides, fungicides, sulfites, and preservatives.
-Well, Yes- you could eat freshly picked, organic foods, grown in soil that has been re-mineralized, then served raw or slightly cooked, in a way that is as close to their natural form as possible. You would also need to eat whole grain breads/pastas made from flour ground fresh daily. However, few of us can spend our entire day hunting, gathering, and carefully preparing our food!
Is there a more practical solution for today's lifestyle?
-Yes, you can supplement your diet with the most natural, most organic, scientifically proven supplements on the market.
The testimonials we have from friends and family that have started to supplement their diet with multivitamins and minerals are nothings short of amazing-
Ready to learn more? Contact us now!
Because we are committed to helping you live Life in the Green Lane, a healthy diet is also a part of that road- for recipe ideas that are easy, quick, affordable, and don't contain processed foods, visit our list of favorite sites. We've included some helpful recipe sites that will aid you in getting your family back to the dinner table for some good food and bonding! Best of all- it's homemade and healthier!